Latest Testing Results and Current Testing Strategy
Screening and Contact Testing focuses on assessing key groups (i.e., Flight, Athletics, ROTC, on-campus, off-campus, and so on) to capture a fair “snapshot” of the university as a whole.
These diagnostic tests, approved by the U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA), are based on nasal and/or throat swabs and offered in partnership with area healthcare providers. The tests identify anyone currently infected by SARS-CoV2, the virus that causes Covid-19. This testing will take place on Thursdays on both residential campuses throughout the fall 2020 semester.
- If you are selected for screening and contact testing, you will receive direct e-mail notification and you will be required to complete your appointment.
- You may be selected by our medical professionals for multiple types of testing.
- Those who undergo screening and contact testing must remain in quarantine, apart from others, until they receive their test results.
Sentinel Testing focuses on students living in a large group setting, where close contact may increase the risk of spread. Our medical professionals will determine groups of individuals who may be at a higher risk due to close contact and will help students self-administer the “Let’s Get Checked” test. This FDA-authorized test kit involves a lower nasal swab. The goal of sentinel testing is to assess a cross-section of the population in the residence halls each week.
- You may be selected for multiple types of testing.
- Those who undergo sentinel testing may go about their business as they await their test results; there is no quarantine requirement.
Rapid Testing is specifically for symptomatic individuals. Embry-Riddle’s healthcare professionals will let you know if your symptoms suggest a need for rapid testing.
Our Latest Testing Results
Embry-Riddle Releases Latest Covid-19 Test Results (Sept. 18, 2020)
- Embry-Riddle Releases New Test Results, Thanks Students for Helping (Sept. 11, 2020)
- Increase in Positive Covid-19 Cases Follows Off-Campus Parties (Sept. 4, 2020)
- New Sentinel Testing Produces Zero Positive Covid-19 Cases (August 28, 2020)
- Embry-Riddle Announces Latest Test Results and Current Testing Strategy (August 21, 2020)
- Embry-Riddle Safeguards are Helping, Final Summer Test Results Suggest (August 7, 2020)
- Embry-Riddle Reports Latest Covid-19 Test Results (July 30, 2020)
- Embry-Riddle Reports Latest Covid-19 Test Results (July 16, 2020)
- Embry-Riddle Reports Latest Covid-19 Test Results (July 9, 2020)