The Advanced Dynamics and Control Laboratory (ADCL) supports research activities aimed at advancing aviation and space technologies through the development of concepts, algorithms, and demonstration of solutions for:
- Design of advanced intelligent and reliable flight control focusing on increasing safety such as fault tolerant flight control systems;
- Application of robotic technologies for future space missions, such as servicing of existing and future observatory class scientific satellites;
- Capability assessment of existing technologies in performing complex tasks through, various robotic tools, simulation, and operational techniques; application of computer machine vision and other sensor based solutions for autonomous operations.
- DENSO VP-Series 6-Axis articulated robot
- Partial-gravity crane and cube testbed
- This laboratory provides direct access to the VICON Motion Capture System