The Materials Lab is equipped to enable advanced materials research, modeling, and testing of new materials, and structures made from them. Of particular interest are nano-structured and lightweight aerospace materials and devices.
- Optical Metallurgical Microscope
- X Ray Micro-CT Scanner
- Sample Prep Machines
- Micro Hardness Tester
- Scanning Electron Microscope: This unit offers surface analysis (microstructure, failure, quality control, measurements) as well as element analysis with the EDX attachment.
- Chemical vapor deposition CVD systems
- Magnetron sputtering system
- Metal 3D printer
- High temperature heat treatment vacuum furnace (up to 1400C)
- Drying vacuum furnace (up to 350C)