The Thermal Laboratory provides ERAU researchers, faculty, and students, as well as industry collaborators, with resources and facilities supporting experimental research in energy harvesting, storage, and applications, as well as the development of thermal management technologies for propulsion and electronics devices.
- FLIR T650SC Infrared Thermal Imaging Camera
- Turbine Cascade Flow Rig with separate, low temperature coolant supply (Constructed in-lab, estimated time of completion Spring 2018)
- Mettler Toledo DSC 3
- Temperature/Pressure sensitive paint measurement system
- Internal cooling passage flow bench; up to +/- 3.5psi available pressure head, or 600cfm maximum flow rate
- Steady and unsteady flow instrumentation (Pressures, Temperatures, velocities) with manual and automated traverse.