Advanced Dynamics and Control Laboratory
The Advanced Dynamics and Control Laboratory (ADCL) supports research activities aimed at advancing aviation and space technologies through the development of concepts, algorithms, and demonstration of solutions for:
- Design of advanced intelligent and reliable flight control focusing on increasing safety such as fault tolerant flight control systems;
- Application of robotic technologies for future space missions, such as servicing of existing and future observatory class scientific satellites;
- Capability assessment of existing technologies in performing complex tasks through, various robotic tools, simulation, and operational techniques; application of computer machine vision and other sensor based solutions for autonomous operations.
- DENSO VP-Series 6-Axis articulated robot
- Partial-gravity crane and cube testbed
- This laboratory provides direct access to the VICON Motion Capture System