Business Administration in Aviation
The Master of Business Administration in Aviation degree at Embry-Riddle provides strong foundations for success in any facet of the global aviation business arena. It provides traditional business skills, but is unique in its focus on the aviation and aerospace industries. Though the degree provides specialized insight into the global business environment, it sets up graduates for success in non-aviation industries as well. The MBA in Aviation is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
The courses within the program deliver the required MBA core content while investigating trends in the key industry segments in the world of aviation.
The curriculum has been developed, and continues to evolve with close attention paid to the demands of the industry. Most of the courses contain a research component that will provide experience and an insider’s examination of global business practices.
The program culminates with a capstone course for which students will write a strategic business plan.
With ERAU’s online educational opportunities and over 130 Worldwide locations, students have the flexibility to learn at a campus near them — or even in their own home.
About Business Administration in Aviation at the Asia Campus
An MBA is a scientific approach to management. It is an advanced business degree that provides a foundation in various business sectors including accounting, finance, marketing, operations management, and human resources. Similar to an MBA, a Master of Business Administration in Aviation (MBAA) offers a comprehensive look inside the business world but from an aviation and aerospace perspective — looking at real industry problems.
Awarded by Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, offered by ERC Institute (ERCI), the 36-credit hour MBAA program is especially suited for degree holders who want to gain a competitive edge.
Upon completion of the MBAA program, students emerge with:
- A better understanding of modern management concepts, methods and tools within an aviation context
- The ability to manage the efficient and effective use of scarce resources
- An understanding of how to operate in an atmosphere of heightened national and international competition
- The skill set needed to become a leader or decision-maker in the aviation field
ERAU offers both full- and part-time tracks for this degree program.
- The full-time program is offered in an intimate classroom setting where students get one-on-one attention from faculty members and the chance to interact with and learn from fellow students. This is an accelerated full-time MBA in Aviation designed to be completed in just one year.
- The part-time program is offered in blended delivery modes so that students can continue working full time through their enrollment. Most terms begin with two five-day classroom sessions at SAA and continue with online interaction between students and the instructor. The program is designed to be completed in six terms spanning 24 months. ERAU merges the convenience of night and weekend courses with diverse learning modes:
- EagleVision Classroom (Web video conferencing between classrooms)
- Online (from anywhere with an Internet connection)
All Master of Business Administration in Aviation (MBAA) applicants must have earned a baccalaureate degree from an accredited degree-granting institution with a cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale. Applicants who already possess a master’s degree or have completed graduate coursework from an accredited degree granting institution must also have a 3.0 CGPA or higher at the graduate level.
Subject knowledge for specific graduate courses must be satisfied before enrollment in those courses is permitted. Students may enroll in graduate level courses only if they meet prerequisite knowledge requirements. The ERAU graduate level prerequisite course (BUSW 500) taken with ERAU must be completed with a grade of B or better.
Applicants for admission to the Master of Business Administration in Aviation (MBAA) program are required to meet prerequisite knowledge in the following areas:
- Accounting Methods
- Quantitative Methods
Students should assume responsibility to see that prerequisites are satisfied. However, students who still lack prerequisite knowledge in any of the above areas will be required to register for BUSW 500. The prerequisite subjects must be satisfied before enrollment in other MBAA courses is permitted.
The prerequisite knowledge can be validated through one of the following:
- Completed an undergraduate or graduate course in each of the specific subject areas and upon validation of the course from an official transcript; -OR-
- Completed a course listed in either the National or ACE Guide for which academic credit in one of the specific subject areas is recommended; -OR-
- Received at least the minimum recommended score on a CLEP, DSST/DANTES, PEP, etc. exam in each of the subject areas as required.
The Master of Business Administration in Aviation degree program is designed to emphasize the application of modern management concepts, methods, and tools to the challenges of aviation and business. The special intricacies of aviation are woven into a strong, traditional business foundation by combining a specific core of distinct business competencies with a strong aviation foundation.
The demand for skilled professionals continues to grow in response to the increasing need for leaders who can manage the efficient and effective use of scarce resources; operate in an atmosphere of heightened national and international competition; and respond to the call to preserve our world’s fragile eco-system – and the MBAA curriculum is oriented toward the needs of leaders and decision-makers who can operate in this environment.
Specific prerequisites for each graduate course in the MBAA are contained in the Graduate Courses section of this catalog. Students must assume responsibility to see that all prerequisites are satisfied. However, students who cannot demonstrate, through academic transcripts, prerequisite knowledge in one of the following areas (management, accounting, finance, quantitative methods, marketing and economics), will be required to register for BUSW 500. The prerequisite subject knowledge for a specific graduate course must be satisfied before enrollment in that specific course is permitted. Students may enroll in other graduate-level courses as they meet the specific prerequisite knowledge required.
Applicants for whom English is not the primary language must either:
- Attain a minimum score on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) of 550 (paper-based) or 79-80 (Internet-based).
- Attain a minimum score on the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) of 6.0.
- Earn transferable credit for a course that is the equivalent of ENGL 123 (English Composition) at an accredited postsecondary institution.
- Display evidence of attendance and graduation from a secondary school in which the language of instruction was English.
Applicants must submit a statement of purpose and successfully complete an admissions interview with the College of Business Administration chair and admissions committee.
To apply for the MBAA program:
- Step 1: To be considered for admission, applicants must apply online, pay the SGD 50 application fee, and submit all required documentation before the deadline.
- Step 2: The University will process the application and supporting documentation and inform the applicant if the basic requirements have been met in order to proceed to the admissions interview stage.
- Step 3: Upon admission, the University will issue the acceptance letter and further enrollment instructions.
For questions about the application process, contact an Enrollment Advisor at +65 6933 9580 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students can start the MBAA degree program in January, June or August. The first four terms will take place in our blended delivery combining classroom instruction during the first 2 weeks of the term with the convenience of online instruction during the remaining 7 weeks. The fifth and sixth terms allow students to begin work on their Graduate Research Project while also choosing two elective courses to be taken online. Students can expect to graduate 24 months after they start the MBAA degree program
Students pursuing the MBAA degree program at a full-time pace will take 3 courses each term. The 36 credit hour MBAA degree is designed to be completed in 1 year.
The full-time MBAA currently has a planned intake in January of each year. Additional intakes are being considered and will be announced shortly.
Aeronautical University offers the Master of Business Administration in Aviation (MBAA) at the Singapore Aviation Academy (SAA) through the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore (CAAS). Embry-Riddle's presence at the SAA is evidence of Singapore's interest in high-quality aviation and training as well as opportunities for research and information exchange. The Embry-Riddle MBAA program in Singapore is the same program offered in the United States, Europe and online, with enhancements to satisfy the unique demands of aviation management professionals in Singapore and the surrounding regions.
Visit the Singapore Aviation Academy page for more information.
Full TimeEmbry-Riddle Aeronautical University offers the MBAA degree through our newly formed partnership with ERC Institute. The ERC Institute partnership provides us with the ability to host students in a full-time and part-time classroom capacity. The Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University MBAA degree in Singapore is the same program offered in the United States, Europe and online, with enhancements to satisfy the unique demands of aeronautics professionals in Singapore and the surrounding regions.
For the latest tuition information, please visit our Tuition and Scholarships page. Students are not required to make full upfront payment. Course fees are due upon first time enrollment and before the start of each term. Program tuition does not include textbooks and course materials which vary from term to term but can be estimated at SGD 200 per course.
A grant of $2,500 is offered for each sibling of the same family simultaneously enrolled on a full-time basis. Example, two siblings enroll at the same time, but one completes or departs the University before the other sibling, the grant is discontinued for the sibling still enrolled.
Embry-Riddle Asia offers a range of academic merit and demonstrated need based scholarships to new students. The scholarship amounts range from S$1,500 to S$4,500 and are spread across the duration of a student’s degree. Awards are based on a student’s academic merit (CGPA in their undergraduate degree) and demonstrated financial need of the student and/or family. Eligible students are invited to complete a scholarship application after admission to the university. In order to keep the scholarship, a student must maintain a CGPA of 3.00. If a student’s CGPA drops below 3.00 the scholarship will be cancelled for all future terms. The scholarship is only valid for study at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University – Asia and is not transferable to other locations/campuses at Embry-Riddle. The minimum eligibility requirements are:
- Undergraduate CGPA of 3.00 or higher on a 4.00 scale, and/or
- GMAT score of 500 or higher, and/or
- GRE score of 300 or higher
Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore (CAAS) offers a tuition fee grant of up to S$40,000 of the program fees to Singaporean or Singapore Permanent Resident participants from qualifying companies with at least 30% aviation revenues. Candidates will be eligible for funding under CAAS's Aviation Leaders Development Program. Read more on the ALDP grant.
- Fall Commencement Ceremonies to Take Place in United States, Asia
- Stuffed Wellness Bear, ‘Uber for Pets’ Earn Funding at Innovation Competition
- Two Eagles Named U.S. Fulbright Scholars
- Big Data Method More Accurately Predicts Air Traveler Choices
- Air Transport Research Society and Embry-Riddle Announce Winners of 2019 Global Airport Performance Rankings
- Business Professor by Day, Human Rights Crusader by Night
- Counter-Drone Technology to be Commercialized by Embry-Riddle and Drone Defense Systems LLC
- Student-Led Startups Secure Funding at Launch Your Venture
“I was already looking into an aviation degree upon graduation and I had heard about Embry-Riddle in Singapore. Since local universities do not provide any aviation-related courses, I enrolled in Embry-Riddle.”