By accessing or using this website or underlying sub-sites, you are consenting to our collection and use of your personal information in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
How we collect your personal information
We collect or receive your personal information in several ways, including, but not limited to:
- When you provide information to us by filling out forms on our website;
- When you submit personal information to us through email;
- When you are seeking employment opportunities; and/or
- When you provide information to us in relation to your attendance at any of our hosted events.
The types of personal information we may collect
The types of personal information that we may collect include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Contact information (e.g., your name, postal address, email address, telephone number(s));
- Professional information (e.g., job titles, experience, qualifications);
- Demographic information; and/or
- Interests (business and personal) and other information.
The types of log data we collect when you browse through our website include, but are not limited to, the following:
- IP address from which the connection is made
- Date and time
- Browser information
- Other statistics
In addition, we may use third-party providers to collect, monitor, and analyze this type of information in order to increase our website’s functionality. These third-party providers have their own privacy policies addressing how they use such information.
How we use personal information collected
The purposes for which we may use personal information collected include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Admissions processing
- Academic matters (e.g., registration, coursework, graduation)
- Financial administration (e.g., financial aid, scholarships, fees, donations)
- Human resource administration
- To maintain or develop our relationship with you
- To respond to questions or communications from you
- To improve the content and methods of delivery of our website
We may also process personal information because it is necessary for the performance of a contract with you or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract.
How we share personal information with others
We may share your personal information with third-parties who complete transactions or perform services on our behalf. These third-parties have their own privacy policies addressing how they use such information. Third-party recipients may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Service providers
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University or third parties may use techniques (cookies, web beacons and similar technologies) to collect data from its websites and elsewhere on the Internet to provide measurement services and targeted advertising on behalf of the university. Embry-Riddle understands the privacy of our website visitors is valuable and will not sell this or any other website user information to third parties.
Security and information protection
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University uses website security measures consistent with industry best practices to help protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of information under our control. Please keep in mind that no data transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure.
Users located in the European Economic Area
Changes to this Privacy Statement
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University may periodically update our privacy statement. If our privacy statement changes we will note the revision date at the bottom of this page. We encourage you to periodically review this page to stay aware of any modifications or changes to its terms.
Effective Date: February 13, 2020