Master of Science in
Cyber Intelligence and Security
In the wake of increasing computer breaches and trillions of dollars in damage across the United States, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics has projected the need for cyber security professionals to increase 18 percent by 2024. Companies in finance and technology are being joined by retail, manufacturing, utilities and other critical infrastructure sectors in their search for skilled cyber intelligence and security master’s graduates.
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University brings the Master of Science in Cyber Intelligence and Security degree to the nation’s first College of Security and Intelligence. This 30-credit program is designed to provide a solid academic foundation appropriate to the fields of Cyber Threat Hunting, Cyber Intelligence Analysis, Machine Learning applied to Intrusions, and the Internet of Things, as well as more classical Network Security and Information Assurance arenas.
The U.S. government and the Department of Defense continue to invest heavily in growing the nation’s cybersecurity workforce. Because of this, our curriculum has been tailored to the recommendations of the National Security Agency and the Department of Homeland Security to make graduates of this program into capable leaders to navigate tomorrow’s threats to cyber intelligence and security. As a member of Cyberwatch West, our program will ensure that the quality of the curriculum and teaching materials remain current and are following best practices for rigor and assessment.
Upon completing the degree program, students will have acquired advanced skills placing them at the forefront of cyber intelligence and security. These skills include:
- Assessment of enterprise security risks for hardware, software, and policy level systems
- Ability to deploy solutions to mitigate, manage, and monitor threats to identified hardware and software systems
- Proficiency in at least four major technical areas from the curriculum
- Application of knowledge and critical thinking across multiple domains as outlined in the eight industry standard knowledge areas: Risk management and Governance, Access Control, Security Architecture and Design, Network Security, Business Continuity Planning, Legal and Compliance, Software Development Security, Security Operation
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, the College of Security and Intelligence, and the Department of Cyber Intelligence and Security all pursue the utmost standard of security, integrity, and trust so that we can provide our students with the highest quality education and training available anywhere in the world.
About Cyber Intelligence and Security at the Prescott, AZ Campus
Students graduating with a Bachelor of Science in Cyber Intelligence and Security students have been employed in leading companies or government agencies within months of graduation. We are convinced that graduates of the master’s program will experience the same level of success.
The faculty and curriculum are balanced between academic and professional training. Many of our faculty members are scholars with doctoral degrees and active research agendas, while others bring decades of experience as intelligence and security professionals in the government and/or private sector.
Embry-Riddle is a founding member of the Arizona Cyber Threat Response Alliance (ACTRA), a threat intelligence and information sharing and analysis organization that has become a model across the nation.
The Cyber Intelligence and Security advisory board includes industry, government, and academic members. The members will assure that academic and training programs are created and improved in response to real needs in the ever-changing corporate and public environment.
The Department of Cyber Intelligence and Security has formed important industry relations with Arizona organizations and companies that will guide and support our program. These partners include Arizona Cyber Threat Response Alliance, Arizona Counter Terrorism Intel Center, CyberAwareAZ, and the Prescott Technology Accelerator.
Our position as a member of the Arizona Cyber Pipeline Taskforce has opened the doors to hundreds of opportunities for graduates with regional and national companies. This will allow the students to work closely with potential sponsoring institutions while gaining valuable experience and training.
Take a closer look at both Masters Degrees offered in the College of Security and Intelligence by viewing Embry-Riddle's Launch Magazine for its Graduate Programs.
Estimate your tuition by using the Tuition Calculator
Learn about our General Education
- Wings Out West Airshow Wins Award for Best in the Country
- Embry-Riddle Safety Science Program Receives Donated Aircraft from Honeywell
- The Blue Origin of Aerospace Engineer Matt Boban
- Are You Cyber-Safe at Hotel Business Centers?
- Military Times Names Embry-Riddle One of the Nation's Best for Veterans
- Embry-Riddle Flight Team Wins Regional Competition for 33rd Consecutive Year
- Embry-Riddle President Calls for Innovative Solutions to Increase the Ranks of Women in Aviation, STEM
- More Women Will Earn Their Wings, Thanks to New Women’s Network