Associate in Science in
The Associate in Science in Aeronautics degree is designed for students who want to take the first step toward a career of Aeronautics. Pursuing the A.S. degree at our Worldwide Campus allows students to take classes close to home at one of our many international campuses, or even study at your own home with the online learning experience.
The Aeronautics curriculum is closely mapped to the needs and demands of the aviation/aerospace industry and to general education guidelines.
The program’s objectives are to:
- Strengthen a student's aviation knowledge in line with the student’s specific area of interest.
- Give students the option to broaden their credentials by pursuing the Aviation Area of Concentration.
- Help students craft a program of study that will make them highly competitive and marketable in the aviation industry.
Embry-Riddle is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
About Aeronautics at the Worldwide & Online Campus
The Associate in Science in Aeronautics is a multidisciplinary online or on-campus degree program that combines previous work experience with courses of study in human factors, security, aviation safety, occupational safety and health, air traffic control, aircraft maintenance, and aeronautical science.
The A.S. in Aeronautics at Worldwide & Online is housed in the College of Aeronautics Undergraduate Studies.
Electives allow students to tailor degrees to particular interests and career goals, and are closely mapped to the career needs of the student and the demands of the industries they serve.
Students can earn more than a quarter of the required semester hours from prior life experience and go on to receive a bachelor’s degree in as few as three years.
Pursuing a degree at the Worldwide & Online Campus allows students to structure their education around their lifestyles. Students can take classes where and when they want.
Take your future to new heights!
Whether you want to break into an aeronautical career, break away from the competition, or advance your current position and earnings potential, the Associate in Science in Aeronautics degree opens the door to new opportunities in the dynamic aviation/aerospace industry.
Aeronautics curriculum is closely mapped to the needs and demands of the aviation/aerospace industry and to general education guidelines.
You’ll be exposed to a multidisciplinary program with courses of study in human factors, security, aviation safety, occupational safety and health, air traffic control, aircraft maintenance, and aeronautical science. Within that broad base, electives and minors allow you to tailor your degree to your particular interests and career goals.
Aviation Area of Concentration
The Aviation Area of Concentration is the degree area where credit for prior aviation learning is noted or where students can take courses to learn about aviation. Many students bring in all or part of this credit based on prior aviation training or experience. However, shortages in the minimum credit required can be made up by taking courses in the following aviation-related disciplines: Aeronautical Science, Aviation Maintenance, Aviation History, and aviation/aerospace related coursework in Safety, Security, Transportation, Engineering, and Unmanned Systems.
Sources of prior learning credit include:
- Transfer credit earned at accredited degree-granting colleges and universities.
- The recommendations published by the American Council on Education for U.S. Military training and experience, as well as training conducted by other government agencies and private organizations.
- Prior-learning credit established by the University for certain aviation licenses and ratings as they relate to this degree.
Many Embry-Riddle courses are designed to teach the same skills and knowledge that Aeronautics students have acquired through experience and training. Students who complete courses in the same aviation specialty for which they were granted Aviation Area of Concentration credit would be duplicating coverage of the same subject matter. Credit for completion of such courses will not be applied to degree requirements.
|Embry-Riddle courses in the general education categories of Communication Theory and Skills, Humanities, Social Sciences, Physical and Life Science, Mathematics, and Computer Science may be chosen from as listed, assuming prerequisites are met. Courses from other institutions are acceptable if they fall into these broad categories and are at the level specified.|
|Communication Theory and Skills|
|ENGL 123||English Composition||3|
|HUMN 330||Values and Ethics||3|
|or ECON 211||Macroeconomics|
|Social Science elective||3|
|Physical and Life Science|
|PHYS 102||Explorations in Physics||3|
|WEAX 201||Meteorology I||3|
|MATH 111||Pre-calculus for Aviation||3|
|MATH 112||Applied Calculus for Aviation||3|
|CSCI 109||Introduction to Computers and Applications||3|
|Aviation Area of Concentration||9|
|Make up shortages with non-duplicating courses from the following disciplines: Aeronautical Science, Aviation Maintenance, and related aviation/aerospace coursework in Transportation, Safety, Security, History, Engineering, and Unmanned Systems.|
|ASCI 202||Introduction to Aeronautical Science||3|
|ASCI 254||Aviation Legislation||3|
|STAT 211||Statistics with Aviation Applications||3|
|Open Electives (Upper or Lower-Level)||6|
|Total Degree Requirements||60|
Estimate your tuition by using the Tuition Calculator
Learn more about the benefits of an Online Degree
Learn about our General Education
- Urban Drone Flights over Kosovo Offer Rare Insights
- Embry-Riddle Partners with Industry to Bring Veterans into the Aviation Workforce
- Embry-Riddle and Microsoft Partner to Expand IT Program to Schofield Barracks
- MicaPlex Tenant Supports 'Beyond Visual Line of Sight' Drone Survey
- Embry-Riddle to Replenish its Flight-Training Fleet with Aircraft from Textron Aviation and Diamond Aircraft Industries
- Online Learning Helps International Student’s Dreams Take Flight
- Airline Pilot Takes Epic Journey – to an Online Degree
- Air Transport Research Society and Embry-Riddle Announce Winners of 2019 Global Airport Performance Rankings
- Graduate Turned His Life Around Over Four Years
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University Achieves Highest Level of Rigorous Aviation Safety Standard
- VerdeGo™ Aero and SeaMax™ to Join Embry-Riddle’s Applied Aviation and Engineering Research Hangar
- Expanding the Aviation Workforce: Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University Names Inaugural Cohort of Boeing Scholars