Tips for Tackling College Admissions Tests
If college is on your horizon, then it’s likely that the ACT or SAT tests are as well. While they can seem overwhelming when you first start looking at them, a little preparation (and a lot of studying) will go a long way toward helping you earn the best score.
Here are five tips that can help you ease into the exam:
- Find your fit: You can take the ACT, the SAT, or both. Check out each one and take the exam you believe will let you best showcase your skills.
- Register early: Signing up about three months before you want to sit for the test can help you get your preferred testing location.
- Take practice tests: This will give you a glimpse of what you’re facing -- and tell you exactly what you need to work on to earn a score that will impress.
- Take advantage of available test prep help: From Khan Academy to Princeton Review, there are free online resources that will get you ready for test day.
- Reward yourself: You will invest a lot of time preparing for and taking the test. It’s worth it, but it’s nice to have something fun planned for when you’ve finished!