Master of Science in
Logistics and Supply Chain Management
The M.S. in Logistics and Supply Chain Management at Embry-Riddle equips its graduates with the tools and knowledge essential to effectively and efficiently manage a supply chain — including sourcing and procurement, conversion, and all logistics management activities — or for furthering your current role in the industry.
Logistics and supply chain managers work for varied companies that include air cargo, parcel delivery, warehousing, distribution, transportation, manufacturing, and large-scale retailers.
ERAU’s program also prepares graduates for certification as a Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) offered by the Association for Operations Management (APICS), Certified Professional Logistics (CPL) certification program offered by the International Society of
Logistics (SOLE), and the Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) offered by the Institute for Supply Management (ISM).
And professionals with advanced degrees in the field tend to have higher salaries. According to a 2013 salary survey by the Institute for Supply Management (ISM), average salary of supply managers with a master's degree was $128,127, compared to $95,931 for those with bachelor’s degrees.
About Logistics and Supply Chain Management at the Worldwide & Online Campus
Moving products and materials from point A to point B isn’t as easy as it once was. Globalization has dramatically affected the way companies do business, and qualified professionals are in demand in the logistics and supply chain management field. Consumers want products faster, and the marketplace is under pressure to meet those demands.
At ERAU’s Worldwide & Online Campus, students get an education to distinguish them from other professionals in their field and make them more marketable in both the public and private sectors. The M.S. in Logistics and Supply Chain Management program prepares students for management positions in government, military, and the private sector.
Areas of study include acquisition, sustainability, integrated logistics, collaborative supply chains, performance measurement, risk management, and process optimization.
The master’s program prepares students to:
- Understand and apply sound and appropriate logistics and supply chain practices, policy, procedures, regulations, ethics, concepts, and skills.
- Apply effective research skills and techniques to logistics and supply chain reports.
- Apply appropriate quantitative, economic, marketing, planning, accounting, and financial analysis to logistics and supply chain problem solving and decision making.
- Demonstrate comprehensive communication, analysis, quantitative skills, and techniques in the solution finding for logistics and supply chain problems or projects.
Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs accredited degree program
Globalization is affecting almost every aspect of the world’s economy – and the world’s economy is sustained by global logistics and supply chain management. As a result, the demand for qualified logistics and supply chain professionals is higher than ever. Competition is fierce for the most prominent positions.
The right education can distinguish you from other professionals in your field and make you more marketable in both the public and private sectors.
A Master of Science degree in Logistics and Supply Chain Management will benefit you even more by providing you with:
- An excellent foundation for the profession due to the alignment of the program with the Institute for Supply Management (ISM) Supply Chain Capability Model
- The courses in the program includes subject matter that aids in the preparation for the CPSM (Certified Professional in Supply Management) certification.
- A career that pays very well. Source: Salary.com see average Supply Chain Director salary.
Other Program Information:
As part of the Master of Science in Logistics and Supply Chain Management program, students will take the Logistics and Supply Chain Management Capstone Course (LGMT 692). This culminating experience integrates supply chain management with the other key functions of the operation by means of sales and operations planning simulation.
Students who take the three course sequence of SAP courses (LGMT 540, LGMT 600, and LGMT 630) will be eligible for SAP student recognition award.
In addition to SAP, students will use software extensively throughout the program with a particular emphasis on Microsoft Excel.
|LGMT 500||Introduction to Supply Chain Management and the Profession||3|
|LGMT 525||Management Science for Operations||3|
|LGMT 526||Business Analytics for Operations||3|
|LGMT 540||Procurement for Logistics Managers||3|
|LGMT 550||Production and Material Control||3|
|LGMT 651||Supply Chains in the Global Environment||3|
|LGMT 692||Logistics and Supply Chain Management Simulation||3|
|Open electives – 6 graduate credit hours|
|Optional SAP Sequence: The following Course are required: LGMT 600 and LGMT 630|
|Total Degree Requirements||30|
Estimate your tuition by using the Tuition Calculator
Learn more about the benefits of an Online Degree
Learn about our General Education
- Mother and Son Earn Degrees Together at Worldwide Campus Commencement
- International Space Innovation Team Advances to NASA Finals
- Embry-Riddle Computer and Project Management Students Build App for Pilots
- Commander of First-Ever All-Civilian Space Mission to Address Grads at Embry-Riddle Commencement
- Embry-Riddle to Develop Camera System for Upcoming Polaris Dawn Space Mission
- Breast Cancer Detection, Water Filtration and Bridge Health Innovations Top Embry-Riddle’s Competition for Entrepreneurs
- Eagle Undergraduates To Showcase Space Debris Research on National Stage
- Eagles Use Drones to Track Invasive Pythons in the Everglades
- Black History Month: Student Leader Builds Compassion, Sets Sights on FBI
- Grad Students Gain Hands-On Experience in Aviation Industry
- Flexible degree program opens door to unexpected opportunity
- U.S. News & World Report Names Embry-Riddle No. 1 for Online Bachelor’s Programs and Online Bachelor's Programs for Veterans