Master of Science in
As a recognized leader in aviation and aerospace education, Embry-Riddle offers a Master of Science in Aerospace Engineering program that prepares graduates for a successful career designing aircraft, spacecraft, satellites and more.
This graduate degree is designed for students who already have a degree in Aerospace Engineering or a related engineering field. The curriculum provides a favorable balance of practical and theoretical training using the most current techniques and tools available.
Our expert faculty have industry experience and provide students first-hand knowledge, enthusiasm and guidance.
Students augment their engineering and science background with studies in computational fluid dynamics, aeroacoustic modeling, rotorcraft aerodynamics, flow control, air-breathing hypersonic and rocket propulsion, autonomous unmanned air and ground vehicles.
Studies also include aircraft and spacecraft guidance, navigation and control, aeroelasticity, composites, nanomaterials, smart materials, structural health monitoring, computational structural mechanics, and design optimization, as well as other topics in aerospace engineering.
This distinctive curriculum paves the way to aerospace research and development or a career in engineering education.
About Aerospace Engineering at the Worldwide & Online Campus
Advance your aerospace career with this renowned degree – now available at your convenience
For professionals working in aerospace engineering as well as those who dream of a career in this exciting industry, Embry-Riddle’s graduate degree in Aerospace Engineering has been one of the field’s most sought-after degrees for decades. Now, for the first time, you can earn this esteemed degree entirely online, from the comfort of your home.
Gain the skills to guide cutting-edge developments
Based on the same curriculum used by our renowned Daytona Beach campus and taught by the same renowned professors, the online Aerospace Engineering master's degree will prepare you to participate in and even lead cutting-edge research, innovation and development.
You will enhance your scientific background in the areas of aerodynamics and propulsion; dynamics and control; and structures and materials, as well as explore the challenges facing military and commercial aircraft and spacecraft design and development. And you will develop the skills needed to conquer them.
Master your field while maintaining your career
With this flexible online platform, you can interact with professors and students on your schedule, from anywhere in the world. And because the classes can be taken at your convenience within the semester, you will not suffer career and family disruptions. No commute, no rigid classroom hours, and no demanding schedule. It is education designed around your work and life schedules.
Join a world-renowned institution
Since our founding, we’ve provided an unsurpassed education in the aeronautical industry and have established partnerships with key players in the aviation, aerospace and engineering fields. You’ll have the opportunity to become part of a network of over 130,000 alumni working for some of the world’s most innovative companies.
The core of the Aerospace Engineering program was crafted to augment the individual student’s engineering and science background and will initially focus on aerospace structures and materials.
- Study aircraft structural dynamics
- Analyze aircraft composite materials
- Study the failure, fatigue and fracture mechanics of aircraft materials
- Learn the principles of aeroelasticity and vibration
- Optimize composite structures
- Practice applying design principles to aircraft structures
- Learn best practices for structural health monitoring (SHM) of aircraft structures
Within the next two years the program will begin expansion to include the areas of aerodynamics & propulsion and dynamics & controls.
|AENG 502||Strength and Fatigue of Materials||3|
|AENG 510||Aircraft Structural Dynamics||3|
|AENG 511||Engineering Materials Selection||3|
|AENG 514||Introduction to the Finite Element Method||3|
|AENG 522||Analysis of Aircraft Composite Materials||3|
|AENG 540||Structural Health Monitoring||3|
|AENG 612||Analysis of Aircraft Plate and Shell Structures||3|
|AENG 525||Structural Design Optimization||3|
|MATH 502||Boundary Value Problems||3|
|Take one of the following elective courses:||3|
|Fundamentals of Systems Engineering|
or SYSE 560
|Introduction to Systems Engineering Management|
|System Requirements Analysis and Modeling|
|System Architecture Design and Modeling|
|System Quality Assurance|
|Airworthiness Process and Procedures|
|Aircraft Airworthiness Engineering Principles|
|Total Degree Requirements||30|
Estimate your tuition by using the Tuition Calculator
Learn more about the benefits of an Online Degree
Learn about our General Education
- National Science Foundation Backs Eagle Research To Enable 'Smart' 3D Manufacturing
- Young Eagle to Earn Associate’s, Pilot License Before High School Graduation
- Award-Winning Online Engineering Programs Take Off, Empowering Students
- Alumnus Gift Allows Eagles To Improve Anti-Poaching Surveillance Systems
- Embry-Riddle Awarded $1.5 Million to Bolster Engineering Workforce
- Liftoff! Student-Made Rocket Fuel Successfully Tested at Embry-Riddle
- Eagle-Designed Space Drones Target In-Orbit Construction
- Two Eagles Selected for Support From Federal Energy Efficiency Program
- Embry-Riddle Team Cruised to Second Place in 2022 RoboBoat International Competition
- Eagles Partner With Alumna-Owned Improving Aviation To Fight Wildfires, Protect First Responders
- Embry-Riddle Named Best in West, Best for Vets, Most Innovative by U.S. News & World Report
- New $670,000 Federal Grant To Help Eagle Researchers Take On Fusion Energy Generation