Master of Science in
The Master of Science in Management degree program at Embry-Riddle Worldwide is designed for students who know their trade and whose next logical career move is to either break into management or secure a promotion and increase their earning potential. Embry-Riddle Worldwide’s Management master's program integrates both theoretical and practical knowledge so that students can rise up above the rank-and-file and up the management ranks in their industry.
This program provides a greater emphasis on management and operations than a traditional MBA, teaching a healthy blend of soft and hard skills designed to create well-rounded and capable managers. Specializations within the program allow students to closely align their coursework with their individual career goals.
Courses are taught in a practical, hands-on manner with research opportunities in each class. Students who are currently in the workforce can "Learn it in class tonight. Apply it tomorrow."
The Master of Science in Management program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools Programs, so be assured the curriculum aligns with stringent industry demands.
With Embry-Riddle’s online programs, students have the flexibility to learn at a campus near them or even in their own home.
The Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), the professional body for the field of Human Resources, has acknowledged that Worldwide's Master of Science in Management program with specialization in Human Resources fully aligns with SHRM's HR Curriculum Guidebook and Templates.
About Management at the Worldwide & Online Campus
The landscape of management is always changing. Managers need to have strong analytical skills and be able to assess all aspects of an operational problem in order to generate solutions. This needs to be done while considering the high-tech, global and diverse nature of today’s marketplace.
A successful manager should have both the technical skills and managerial skills to manage resources, lead teams, and apply solutions to organizational challenges. The Master of Science in Management available from Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University prepares its graduates to do just that.
Offered through the Embry-Riddle College of Business, the Management degree provides you with a greater focus on the theory and practice of management. Students learn real-world skills that help them become strong, hands-on managers.
The goal of this degree program is to provide a well-rounded knowledge base for today’s high-tech, global workforce. In addition to the core curriculum of MSM studies, students will also have the opportunity to focus on one of these specializations:
- Human Resources Management
- Global Management
- Operations Management
- Project Management
The Master of Science in Management degree program is taught by faculty who challenge students to become better thinkers. Whether classes are taken online, in the classroom, or via Embry-Riddle’s video teleconferencing platform, students will discover how to analyze problems and research and implement solutions.
The Managment program’s objectives are for graduates to:
- Learn how to apply their functional background to a hands-on managerial role.
- Explore immediately actionable concepts that they can bring back to the organization.
- Leverage industry best practices to deploy proven solutions to operational problems.
- Gain practical knowledge of quantitative analysis, planning and strategy, global economics, law, and technical management.
- Improve soft skills such as critical thinking, problem solving, decision making, and leadership.
Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs accredited degree program
The Master of Science in Management (MSM) degree program provides you with a greater focus on the theory and practice of management than a more general business degree. Whether you are interested in promoting into management, transitioning from the military or already have a management position, this program will introduce you to cutting-edge concepts at play in today's global marketplace.
Our goal is to help position you for success by equipping you with both the technical skills and managerial skills to manage resources, lead teams, and apply solutions to organizational challenges within the organization or oceans away.
This program is taught by faculty who will challenge you to become a better thinker. You will learn how to analyze problems and research and implement solutions. The MSM program is action-oriented and will give you the hands-on tools and experience to grow within your current role, as well as reach your future goals.
The degree program will be comprised of three sections. The first section will be comprised of 9 credit hours focused on high reliability organizations (HRO). High reliability organizations focus on risk, managing risk and resiliency. Concepts learned in these courses can be applied to all organizations. The second section of this degree is the Management Core and has been structured based on input from industry to provide students with the skills necessary to advance their careers. The third section consist of a certificate in the area of the student’s choice and provides the opportunity for students to focus their studies to match their career goals.
MSM degree candidates know that an advanced education will provide the tools necessary to succeed in today’s fast-paced, technologically driven, and complex organizations.
All MSM students gain practical management skills, such as:
- Quantitative analytical skills – using numbers to make decisions
- Change management skills – the ability to adapt, control, and effect organizational change
- An understanding of organizational structure and leadership
- Effective communication strategies
- Strategic action, critical thinking, and decision-making skills
- Managing people and business processes
The Master of Science in Management program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP). This achievement means that the program has been peer-reviewed, scrutinized, and meet the stringent requirements set forth by the ACBSP.
The Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM) has acknowledged that the Master of Science in Management program when combined with the Human Resources Certificate as fully aligning with SHRM's HR Curriculum Guidebook and Templates. Students enjoy many benefits of this alignment beyond the curriculum itself.
The program will not require an undergraduate degree in business for admissions. However, as required by ACBSP, prerequisite knowledge in accounting, finance, economics, marketing, management, and business statistics is required. This will be accomplished through a short MSM Preflight Orientation Course that welcomes students to the degree program through interactive activities and provides the prerequisite knowledge needed to be successful in the program. Students must complete the Preflight Orientation prior to taking their first MSM course
|High Reliability Organization|
|HROM 510||Enterprise Risk Management||3|
|HROM 520||Organizational Resilience||3|
|HROM 530||Modeling and Decision-Making||3|
|MGMT 510||Management and the Organization||3|
|MGMT 550||Managerial Communications||3|
|MGMT 610||Business Process Management||3|
|MGMT 680||Strategic Action||3|
|PMGT 549||Applied Project Management||1.5|
|HRMD 549||Personnel Management||1.5|
- Business Intelligence and Analytics
- Human Resources
- Information Systems Security
- Information Technology Management
- International Business
- Project Management
|Total Degree Requirements||36|
Estimate your tuition by using the Tuition Calculator
Learn more about the benefits of an Online Degree
Learn about our General Education
- Female Athletes at Embry-Riddle Top National Ranks for Scholarships, Opportunities
- Business Students Leverage Technology for International Consulting
- Aviation and Aerospace Sustainability Opens New Career Doors
- Brazilian Student Survives Harrowing Covid Experience
- Army Vet, Mother of Three Reflects on Adversity, Goals
- Worldwide College of Business Offers New 'Vantage Point'
- U.S. News & World Report Ranks Embry-Riddle No. 1 for Online Bachelor’s Degrees, Online Programs for Vets
- Meet the Leaders of the New Worldwide Campus Student Government Association
- Space, Soccer, Word-Processing Startups Stand Out at Annual Business Competition
- Over 2,700 Grads Honored in Worldwide Campus Virtual Commencement
- MicaPlex Firm Wins Grand Prize in Florida Startup Competition
- Eagles Research How Emerging Space Industry Will Impact National Airspace
Leading the Way through Cultural Generational Differences in the Workplace
In today's workplace, leaders face a divergent convergence when contrasting cultures or generations meet. To foster an atmosphere that promotes collaboration, trust and respect, leaders must recognize and understand these differences and be willing to adjust their leadership style when necessary.