Master of Science in
Management Information Systems
This 30-credit graduate program includes a capstone project and two specialization tracks: Information Technology Management and Business Intelligence and Analytics.
Bridging the gap between information systems and management, the Master of Science in Management Information Systems at Embry-Riddle Worldwide program will help develop a student's knowledge, skills, and abilities to manage a variety of information-intensive projects and systems. The program integrates both information systems and management principles to provide students with the tools needed for career advancement. The program is centered on the system-of-systems perspective, which helps managers and leaders adopt and adapt the enterprise perspective to meet organizational needs.
Alliances with SAS®, Tableau and Microsoft provide students access to a varied collection of contemporary software tools and systems. A new SAS® joint certificate is also available to students seeking a Business Intelligence and Analytics specialization.
Students are challenged to combine a systems engineering mindset, with the bottom line business acumen necessary to make the correct business case, to support the decisions necessary to seize the right opportunities, and make them successful.
Individuals with business, managerial and/or technical backgrounds will find that the Master of Science in Management Information Systems curriculum adds a new dimension of knowledge that can translate to an exciting new career path. Students can customize their path with a choice of specializations focused on enterprise wide Management Information Systems leadership:
- Business Intelligence and Analytics
- Information Technology Management
About Management Information Systems at the Worldwide & Online Campus
For the modern business enterprise, the ability to utilize information effectively is key to creating a competitive advantage. The most successful and sought-after leaders are those who understand how data can be used to drive profits, plans and projections. The Master of Science in Management Information Systems (MSMIS) program at Embry-Riddle Worldwide helps students develop the strategic understanding they need to become one of these leaders. Offered through the College of Business, this degree focuses on the critical intersection of information and business management. For professionals interested in how information is applied to achieve bottom-line results, this degree can serve as a springboard to high-level leadership.
Our 30-credit Management Information Systems curriculum is comprised of seven required courses including a capstone project and two specialization tracks: Information Technology Management, and Business Intelligence and Analytics. The program can be completed on a part-time or full-time basis. The Management Information Systems master's degree program is conducted entirely online to meet the demands of busy professionals. Students can study from anywhere at any time, which offers flexibility to manage work and home responsibilities too.
Creating world-class research is a fundamental aspect of the program. The curriculum assesses how research is performed in the U.S. and globally and provides students with the necessary skills to conduct new research along with an understanding of how to utilize the existing knowledge. We also meet industry needs and increase research within the field by supporting and aligning our learning outcomes with major organizations like the Association for Information Systems (AIS).
A new SAS Joint Certificate in Business Intelligence and Analytics is available to students pursuing a Business Intelligence and Analytics specialization. The following courses are required for this certificate: MMIS 501, MMIS 505, MMIS 522, MMIS 523, MMIS 524 and MMIS 690.
The Master of Science in Management Information Systems program at the Worldwide Campus prepares its graduates to:
- Focus on the management and use of information and information systems to gain a competitive advantage.
- Apply information systems and technology to the collection, retention, exploitation and dissemination of information.
- Use information for management planning and decision making to achieve strategic, tactical and operational goals and objectives in a variety of corporate and institutional settings.
- Develop and coordinate resources to meet the organization's overall information systems and business goals.
- Recognize today's most essential business technologies, along with complex information technology infrastructures, proven enterprise models, emerging technologies, and more.
- Research, write, edit, and publish articles that increase the body of knowledge in the field, should the graduate choose to pursue a doctorate or a professional career.
|Management Information Systems Core|
|MMIS 501||Business Systems: Managing the IS Enterprise||3|
|MMIS 503||Data & Information Modeling & Management||3|
|BUAN 505||Information Analytics and Visualization in Decision Making||3|
|MMIS 506||Systems Analysis and Design||3|
|MMIS 507||Information Systems Strategic Planning||3|
|MMIS 531||Information Systems Project Management||3|
|MMIS 690||Management Information Systems Capstone||3|
|Certificate: Choose any College of Business Graduate Certificate|
- Business Intelligence and Analytics
- Human Resources
- Information Systems Security
- Information Technology Management
- International Business
- Project Management
|12 credit hours of non-duplicated COB or other ERAU college graduate courses of student’s choice. For courses outside of the COB or transfer credit, Department Chair approval is required.|
|Total Degree Requirements||30-33|
Get Started Now:
View our Online Education options.
- Attend a Virtual Info Session
- Schedule a One-on-One Info Session
- Request Information
- Apply Today
Estimate your tuition by using the Tuition Calculator
View Financial Aid Information
Learn more about the benefits of an Online Degree
Learn about our General Education
Find out about transferring credits to this degree
Learn more about our Veterans & Military benefits
View our Academic Calendar
Search Courses for this degree
- Student-Success Champion Dr. Kelly M. Austin Joins His Alma Mater, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, as Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost
- Degree in Aviation Business Administration Puts New Mom on the Path to Success
- Four-Star General Inspires Worldwide Campus Spring Graduating Class
- Two More Embry-Riddle Professors Named Fulbright Scholars
- Innovations in E-Flight, Mobile Farm Monitoring and Soundscape Navigation Top Embry-Riddle Business Competition
- First Eagle to Study Abroad in Morocco Touts Personal, Professional Growth
- Embry-Riddle’s Digital Textbook Initiative Saves Students $2 Million in Past Six Years
- Capitol Experience: Internship puts her at the heart of aviation policy
- Three Eagles Named Management Fellows, Gain Federal Career Pathways
- U.S. News & World Report Names Embry-Riddle Among Nation’s Best Online Bachelor’s Programs and Online Bachelor's Programs for Vets
- Eagles Travel to Zambia for ‘Absolutely Unique’ Learning Experience
- Over 900 Diplomas Earned at Embry-Riddle’s Fall 2022 Commencement Ceremonies