Master of Science in
Management Information Systems
Bridging the gap between information systems and management, the Master of Science in Management Information Systems at Embry-Riddle Worldwide program will help develop a student's knowledge, skills, and abilities to manage a variety of information-intensive projects and systems. The program integrates both information systems and management principles to provide students with the tools needed for career advancement. The program is centered on the system-of-systems perspective, which helps managers and leaders adopt and adapt the enterprise perspective to meet organizational needs.
Alliances with SAS®, Tableau and Microsoft provide students access to a varied collection of contemporary software tools and systems. A new SAS® joint certificate is also available to students seeking a Business Intelligence and Analytics specialization.
Students are challenged to combine a systems engineering mindset, with the bottom line business acumen necessary to make the correct business case, to support the decisions necessary to seize the right opportunities, and make them successful.
Individuals with business, managerial and/or technical backgrounds will find that the MSMIS curriculum adds a new dimension of knowledge that can translate to an exciting new career path. Students can customize their path with a choice of specializations focused on enterprise wide MIS leadership:
- Business Intelligence and Analytics
- Information Technology Management
About Management Information Systems at the Worldwide & Online Campus
For the modern business enterprise, the ability to utilize information effectively is key to creating a competitive advantage. The most successful and sought-after leaders are those who understand how data can be used to drive profits, plans and projections. The Master of Science in Management Information Systems (MSMIS) program at Embry-Riddle Worldwide helps students develop the strategic understanding they need to become one of these leaders. Offered through the College of Business, this degree focuses on the critical intersection of information and business management. For professionals interested in how information is applied to achieve bottom-line results, this degree can serve as a springboard to high-level leadership.
Our 30-credit MSMIS curriculum is comprised of seven required courses including a capstone project and two specialization tracks: Information Technology Management, and Business Intelligence and Analytics. The program can be completed on a part-time or full-time basis. The MSMIS degree program is conducted entirely online to meet the demands of busy professionals. Students can study from anywhere at any time, which offers flexibility to manage work and home responsibilities too.
Creating world-class research is a fundamental aspect of the MSMIS program. The curriculum assesses how research is performed in the U.S. and globally and provides students with the necessary skills to conduct new research along with an understanding of how to utilize the existing knowledge. We also meet industry needs and increase research within the field by supporting and aligning our learning outcomes with major organizations like the Association for Information Systems (AIS).
A new SAS Joint Certificate in Business Intelligence and Analytics is available to students pursuing a Business Intelligence and Analytics specialization. The following courses are required for this certificate: MMIS 501, MMIS 505, MMIS 522, MMIS 523, MMIS 524 and MMIS 690.
The MSMIS program at the Worldwide Campus prepares its graduates to:
- Focus on the management and use of information and information systems to gain a competitive advantage.
- Apply information systems and technology to the collection, retention, exploitation and dissemination of information.
- Use information for management planning and decision making to achieve strategic, tactical and operational goals and objectives in a variety of corporate and institutional settings.
- Develop and coordinate resources to meet the organization's overall information systems and business goals.
- Recognize today's most essential business technologies, along with complex information technology infrastructures, proven enterprise models, emerging technologies, and more.
- Research, write, edit, and publish articles that increase the body of knowledge in the field, should the graduate choose to pursue a doctorate or a professional career.
For the modern business enterprise, the ability to utilize information effectively is key to creating a competitive advantage. The most successful and sought-after leaders are those who understand how data can be used to drive profits, plans and projections
Now you can forge your future as an MIS leader with this exciting new online degree from the Embry-Riddle College of Business. With a focus on the critical intersection of information and business management, the Master of Science in Management Information Systems (MSMIS) program is designed for busy professionals who are interested in how information is applied to achieve bottom-line results.
Individuals with business, managerial and/or technical backgrounds will experience a new dimension of learning and opportunity with a choice of online degree specializations including Business Intelligence and Analytics and Information Technology Management. The Business Intelligence and Analytics specialization is a joint certificate program with SAS©. Students who complete this specialization will earn a recognized credential with SAS© in Business Intelligence and Analytics.
If you are interested in advancing your career into enterprise-wide MIS leadership, consider this program as a springboard to your future.
MSMIS Program Notes:
1) It is strongly suggested that MMIS 501 and then MMIS 531 be the first two courses a student takes in their degree program. Many other classes build on this knowledge.
2) Students are encouraged to have a Windows-based PC or the ability to emulate a Windows-based PC. In the absence of such, open-source software may need to be downloaded to complete certain activities.
|Management Information Systems Core|
|MMIS 501||Business Systems: Managing the IS Enterprise||3|
|MMIS 503||Data & Information Modeling & Management||3|
|MMIS 505||Information Analytics and Visualization in Decision Making||3|
|MMIS 506||Systems Analysis and Design||3|
|MMIS 507||Information Systems Strategic Planning||3|
|MMIS 531||Information Systems Project Management||3|
|MMIS 690||Management Information Systems Capstone||3|
|Specializations: Choose any specialization and select 9 credit hours (3 classes) within that specialization. Students wishing to complete multiple specializations will usually be required to take an additional 9 semester hours for the second specialization.|
|Total Degree Requirements||30|
|Business Intelligence and Analytics Specialization*|
|MMIS 522||Business Analytics, Social Network and Web Analytics||3|
|MMIS 523||Data Mining for Business Analytics||3|
|MMIS 524||Applied Business Intelligence and Analytics||3|
*A joint certificate will be issued.
|Information Technology Management Specialization|
|Choose 3 classes:|
|MMIS 504||Knowledge Management: Quality Management for the IS Enterprise||3|
|MMIS 521||Data Warehousing and Information Quality||3|
|MMIS 541||Information Risk Management||3|
|MMIS 552||Information Systems and Information Technology Governance||3|
|MMIS 553||Change Management and Configuration Control||3|
|MMIS 561||Global Information and Technology Management||3|
Estimate your tuition by using the Tuition Calculator
Learn more about the benefits of an Online Degree
Learn about our General Education
- Embry-Riddle Expands Free, For-Credit Online Courses for Florida and Arizona High School Students
- To Keep Students Safe, Embry-Riddle Migrates Most Classes Online
- Persistence Paves the Way for Pilot's Degree Journey
- Students Learn Success Secrets from Former Alaska Airlines CEO
- As Global Health Crisis Expands, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University Invites Students to Graduate Any Time or Place
- Professor's New Book Celebrates the Successes of Former Slaves After the Civil War
- Space Tourism Course Challenges Future Business Leaders to Innovate, Collaborate
- Embry-Riddle, Stetson University Partner to Offer Business Students Graduate Degree Fast Track
- Management Expert Dr. Shanan Gwaltney Gibson Joins Embry-Riddle as Dean of the Renowned David B. O’Maley College of Business
- U.S. News & World Report Ranks Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University among the Nation’s Top Five Online Bachelor’s Degree Programs
- Expert Advisors Deliver Guidance that Keeps Students on Track
- Stuffed Wellness Bear, ‘Uber for Pets’ Earn Funding at Innovation Competition