Bachelor of Science in
From developing transformative technologies to launching bold new products, companies in every industry need projects delivered on time and on budget with minimal friction. Project managers can work on leading-edge ventures in fields of their choice. And the need for the expertise of these project leaders is only growing.
Through 2027, the project management-oriented labor force in seven project-oriented sectors is expected to grow by 33 percent, or nearly 22 million new jobs, according to a report by PMI®.
The program’s mission is to develop professionals who are capable of leading, managing, and applying decision-making skills using current project management practice.
Embry-Riddle's bachelor's degree in Project Management was developed entirely by certified Project Management Professionals (PMPs)®, the recognized global standard for project management knowledge and experience issued by the PMI®. All of our project management faculty are certified PMPs®, and as industry professionals, they can provide you with academic and career counseling and are also a great resource if you plan to pursue your PMP certification.
About Project Management at the Worldwide & Online Campus
The curriculum of the Project Management bachelor's degree is designed to position students into the project management profession. The most successful project manager is well versed in the technical soft skills of communication and team leadership, very equipped in the hard skills of quantitative analysis to solve project problems, and poised to communicate complex issues to a host of project stakeholders to drive decision making. Courses are designed so that upon completion, students will achieve the following academic outcomes:
1. Perform generally accepted project management techniques to plan and execute projects.
2. Apply analytical tools for problem solving and effective project decision making.
3. Apply ethical behavior and communications skills within the project team environment.
4. Analyze project metrics for the purpose of project reporting and control.
The Bachelor of Science in Project Management program relies heavily on use of current Project Management Information Systems (PMIS) software and other common-use software for word processing, presentation, and computation. While the use of some of these PMIS programs will be the subject of learning exercises within the program, the successful student will be expected to show proficient skill in word processing, spreadsheet usage, and presentation graphics.
From developing transformative technologies to launching bold new products, companies in every industry need projects delivered on time and on budget with minimal friction. Project managers have the opportunity to work on leading-edge ventures in fields of their choice. And the need for the expertise of these project leaders is only growing.
As one of the few undergraduate degree programs in this dynamic field, the Embry-Riddle Bachelor of Science in Project Management (BSPM) will help you master the skills to lead the new projects and strategic initiatives that keep companies ahead of the curve. The project management curriculum was developed entirely by certified PMPs®, industry leaders who possess the recognized global standard for project management knowledge and experience issued by the Project Management Institute® (PMI) – the worldwide leader in the development of standards for the dynamic profession of Project Management.
BSPM graduates will be equipped to manage, drive and execute on vital projects required by companies today and in the future. They will also be prepared to pursue certification or continue on with higher education.
|Embry-Riddle courses in the general education categories of Communication Theory and Skills, Humanities, and Social Sciences may be chosen from the list below, assuming prerequisite requirements are met. Courses from other institutions are acceptable if they fall into these broad categories and are at the level specified.|
|Communication Theory and Skills|
|ENGL 123||English Composition||3|
|HUMN 330||Values and Ethics||3|
|Humanities elective (lower or upper level)||3|
|Physical and Life Science lower-level elective|
|MATH 111||Pre-calculus for Aviation||3|
|MATH 112||Applied Calculus for Aviation||3|
|or STAT 320||Decision Mathematics|
|CSCI 109||Introduction to Computers and Applications||3|
|Common Business Core|
|STAT 211||Statistics with Aviation Applications||3|
|or STAT 222||Business Statistics|
|MGMT 201||Principles of Management||3|
|MGMT 221||Introduction to Management Information Systems||3|
|MGMT 312||Managerial Accounting||3|
|MGMT 314||Human Resource Management||3|
|MGMT 332||Corporate Finance I||3|
|MGMT 390||Business Law||3|
|MGMT 436||Strategic Management||3|
|RSCH 202||Introduction to Research Methods||3|
|Project Management Core|
|PMGT 300||The Project Management Profession||3|
|PMGT 391||Project Planning 1||3|
|PMGT 394||Project Planning 2||3|
|PMGT 400||Project Risk and Control||3|
|Choose 2 courses from the following:||6|
|Project Management in Aviation Operations|
|Global Project Management|
|Managing Troubled Projects|
|Agile Project Management|
|PMGT 490||Project Management Capstone||3|
|Transfer Credit, Minor, or COB Electives||15|
|Technical Transfer Credit, Any Worldwide Minor, or College of Business 300-400 level electives.|
|Total Degree Requirements||120|
* Minnesota student residents refer to State of Minnesota Course Requirement statement for Humanities requirements.
PMI and PMP are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Estimate your tuition by using the Tuition Calculator
Learn more about the benefits of an Online Degree
Learn about our General Education
- Embry-Riddle Expands Free, For-Credit Online Courses for Florida and Arizona High School Students
- To Keep Students Safe, Embry-Riddle Migrates Most Classes Online
- Persistence Paves the Way for Pilot's Degree Journey
- Students Learn Success Secrets from Former Alaska Airlines CEO
- As Global Health Crisis Expands, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University Invites Students to Graduate Any Time or Place
- Professor's New Book Celebrates the Successes of Former Slaves After the Civil War
- Space Tourism Course Challenges Future Business Leaders to Innovate, Collaborate
- Embry-Riddle, Stetson University Partner to Offer Business Students Graduate Degree Fast Track
- Management Expert Dr. Shanan Gwaltney Gibson Joins Embry-Riddle as Dean of the Renowned David B. O’Maley College of Business
- U.S. News & World Report Ranks Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University among the Nation’s Top Five Online Bachelor’s Degree Programs
- Expert Advisors Deliver Guidance that Keeps Students on Track
- Stuffed Wellness Bear, ‘Uber for Pets’ Earn Funding at Innovation Competition