Bachelor of Science in
With curriculum that helps position students in the project management field, this program teaches the soft and hard skills that empower leadership and problem solving.
From developing transformative technologies to launching bold new products, companies in every industry need projects delivered on time and on budget with minimal friction. Project managers can work on leading-edge ventures in fields of their choice. And the need for the expertise of these project leaders is only growing.
Through 2030, the project management-oriented labor force in seven project-oriented sectors is expected to grow by 33 percent, or nearly 22 million new jobs, according to a report by PMI®.
The program’s mission is to develop professionals who are capable of leading, managing, and applying decision-making skills using current project management practice.
Embry-Riddle's bachelor's degree in Project Management was developed entirely by certified Project Management Professionals (PMPs)®, the recognized global standard for project management knowledge and experience issued by the PMI®. All of our project management faculty are certified PMPs®, and as industry professionals, they can provide you with academic and career counseling and are also a great resource if you plan to pursue your PMP certification.
About Project Management at the Worldwide & Online Campus
The curriculum of the Project Management bachelor's degree is designed to position students into the project management profession. The most successful project manager is well versed in the technical soft skills of communication and team leadership, very equipped in the hard skills of quantitative analysis to solve project problems, and poised to communicate complex issues to a host of project stakeholders to drive decision making. Courses are designed so that upon completion, students will achieve the following academic outcomes:
1. Perform generally accepted project management techniques to plan and execute projects.
2. Apply analytical tools for problem solving and effective project decision making.
3. Apply ethical behavior and communications skills within the project team environment.
4. Analyze project metrics for the purpose of project reporting and control.
The Bachelor of Science in Project Management program relies heavily on use of current Project Management Information Systems (PMIS) software and other common-use software for word processing, presentation, and computation. While the use of some of these PMIS programs will be the subject of learning exercises within the program, the successful student will be expected to show proficient skill in word processing, spreadsheet usage, and presentation graphics.
|Embry-Riddle courses in the general education categories of Communication Theory and Skills, Humanities, and Social Sciences may be chosen from the list below, assuming prerequisite requirements are met. Courses from other institutions are acceptable if they fall into these broad categories and are at the level specified.|
|Communication Theory and Skills|
|ENGL 123||English Composition||3|
|ENGL 222||Business Communication||3|
|Any Communication Theory and Skills above ENGL 106||3|
|Humanities elective (lower or upper level)||3|
|Humanities Elective (Upper Level)||3|
|Physical and Life Science|
|STAT 211||Statistics with Aviation Applications||3|
|or STAT 222||Business Statistics|
|Any College Algebra or Higher Math or any Statistics Credit cannot be awarded for STAT 211 or STAT 222||3|
|Any Computer Science||3|
|Common Business Core|
|MGMT 201||Principles of Management||3|
|MMIS 221||Introduction to Management Information Systems||3|
|ACCT 210||Financial Accounting||3|
|ACCT 312||Managerial Accounting||3|
|OBLD 317||Organizational Behavior||3|
|MGMT 325||Social Responsibility and Ethics in Management||3|
|FINE 332||Corporate Finance I||3|
|BUSW 335||International Business||3|
|BUSW 390||Business Law||3|
|LGMT 420||Management of Production and Operations||3|
|MGMT 436||Strategic Management||3|
|Project Management Core|
|PMGT 300||The Project Management Profession||3|
|PMGT 391||Project Planning 1||3|
|PMGT 394||Project Planning 2||3|
|PMGT 400||Project Risk and Control||3|
|Choose 2 courses from the following:||6|
|Project Management in Aviation Operations|
|Global Project Management|
|Managing Troubled Projects|
|Agile Project Management|
|PMGT 490||Project Management Capstone||3|
|Transfer Credit, Minor, or COB Electives||15|
|Technical Transfer Credit, Any Worldwide Minor, or College of Business 300-400 level electives.||15|
|Total Degree Requirements||120|
Minnesota student residents refer to State of Minnesota Course Requirement statement for Humanities requirements.
PMI and PMP are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Get Started Now:
View our Online Education options.
- Attend a Virtual Info Session
- Schedule a One-on-One Info Session
- Request Information
- Apply Today
Estimate your tuition by using the Tuition Calculator
View Financial Aid Information
Learn more about the benefits of an Online Degree
Learn about our General Education
Find out about transferring credits to this degree
Learn more about our Veterans & Military benefits
View our Academic Calendar
Search Courses for this degree
- Student-Success Champion Dr. Kelly M. Austin Joins His Alma Mater, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, as Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost
- Degree in Aviation Business Administration Puts New Mom on the Path to Success
- Four-Star General Inspires Worldwide Campus Spring Graduating Class
- Two More Embry-Riddle Professors Named Fulbright Scholars
- Innovations in E-Flight, Mobile Farm Monitoring and Soundscape Navigation Top Embry-Riddle Business Competition
- First Eagle to Study Abroad in Morocco Touts Personal, Professional Growth
- Embry-Riddle’s Digital Textbook Initiative Saves Students $2 Million in Past Six Years
- Capitol Experience: Internship puts her at the heart of aviation policy
- Three Eagles Named Management Fellows, Gain Federal Career Pathways
- U.S. News & World Report Names Embry-Riddle Among Nation’s Best Online Bachelor’s Programs and Online Bachelor's Programs for Vets
- Eagles Travel to Zambia for ‘Absolutely Unique’ Learning Experience
- Over 900 Diplomas Earned at Embry-Riddle’s Fall 2022 Commencement Ceremonies