Reporting Copyright Infringement
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
600 S. Clyde Morris Boulevard
Daytona Beach, FL 32114-3900
Information that must be provided in complaints
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (DMCA) requires that all notices of alleged copyright infringement be in writing.
When informing the University of an alleged copyright infringement, you should:
- Identify the copyrighted work that allegedly has been infringed. If multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are involved, please provide a representative list of such works on that site.
- Describe the material that is claimed to be infringing and provide sufficient information to permit Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University to locate that material.
- Provide your contact information, including an address, telephone number, and, if available, an e-mail address.
- Include the following statement: "I have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted materials described above as allegedly infringing is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law."
- Include the following statement: "I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed."
- Include your physical or electronic signature.