Embry-Riddle partners with private and public entities to assist in developing solutions to today's and tomorrow's aeronautical and aerospace problems. Here at the world's largest aviation-oriented university, our focus on applied research is unique.
Aircraft Replacement Strategy
PI Massoud Bazargan
The analyses of this study attempts to address:
- How the cost data relevant to this study, such as aircraft market values, lease prices, operations and maintenance costs were compiled and analyzed as the airlines do not or cannot provide them.
- Identify aircraft replacement strategies for the airlines and explore their differences according to their business models.
- Compare and contrast the recommended and current aircraft replacement strategies for the airlines.
- Identify decisions with respect to lease and/or buy for the airlines and how sensitive these strategies are to changes to aircraft values and lease prices.
- Explore future fleet diversity for the airlines and how sensitive these strategies are to their existing and on-order fleet.
- How the fixed costs pertaining to aircraft buy and/or lease compare and contrast with variable costs such as operations and maintenance over the planning horizon.
01/01/2011 to 01/01/2020