Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University does everything possible to help our students succeed in their chosen careers. Faculty play a major role in this effort, and so they must be experts in their disciplines, as well as in teaching practices.
The Centers for Teaching and Learning Excellence (CTLE) at our campuses were created to support the university's 3,000-plus full-time and adjunct faculty members in their teaching endeavors. Simply put, CTLE enhances teaching at Embry-Riddle.
The centers assist faculty in a variety of ways that help them to be lifelong learners in their craft. In doing so, this makes our faculty more effective educators and more productive, collaborative, and valuable members of the university community.
Our Three Main Campuses
Learn how the CTLE supports our 400-plus full- and part-time faculty members at the Daytona Beach Campus.
Prescott Campus has a CTLE that supports all faculty members at the Prescott Campus. New website coming soon.
Learn how the Rothwell CTLE supports our 3,000-plus full-time professors and adjunct faculty at Worldwide.
Examples of CTLE Services
- Pedagogical training: Through online seminars and face-to-face workshops, the CTLE shares new techniques with longtime faculty to keep their teaching toolbox fresh, and offers courses for incoming educators who may be world-class experts in their field but require support in learning how to best share that knowledge and engage students.
- Technology support: With campuses and students around the world comes the need to teach faculty how to effectively use the technology — such as EagleVision and Canvas learning management system — required for the university's online courses.
- Grant writing: For faculty who may be new to the process or are occupied in other endeavors, CTLE can help with grant solicitations, planning and writing grant proposals, and conducting and evaluating educational research and development projects.
- Grants: Stipends are awarded to faculty to promote their continued pedagogical training and encourage research that can be used by all university faculty.
- Syllabus, course and teaching assessments: CTLE can organize critique sessions such as classroom observation and student focus groups that provide faculty with an evaluation of their teaching techniques.
- And much more
We hire only the best faculty. At Embry-Riddle, professors share the knowledge they’ve gained from decades of industry and higher-learning experience to our students to ensure that graduates will be better prepared than the competition in the workforce.
By supporting faculty through services such as consulting, grants, and workshops, CTLE promotes effective teaching strategies, educational technology, and the scholarship of teaching and learning.
If you are interested in becoming part of an academic community that is committed to the education of its students and its faculty, see the links below: