Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is an FAA-approved Test Administrator of The Recreational UAS Safety Test (TRUST).
TRUST is a collaboration between the FAA and industry to provide TRUST and educational safety material to Recreational Flyers. To register for the course, recreational flyers can access the TRUST link here.
Please be aware that this test MUST be completed in one sitting. Failure to complete the test in one sitting will result in the need to re-take TRUST and obtain a new certificate.
All of a user’s Personally Identifiable Information (PII) will be deleted after the user receives their course passage certificate.
Upon completion of the test recreational flyers should print or save a digital copy of their completion certificate and keep it on their person when they fly. Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University cannot re-issue your completion certificate if it is lost. The FAA cannot re-issue your completion certificate. Should you lose your completion certificate, you will need to re-take TRUST and obtain a new certificate.
- Register your drone through the FAA Drone Zone before you fly if it weighs more than .55lbs.
- FAA-Approved UAS Service Suppliers (FAA USSs) of the Low Altitude Authorization and Notification Capability (LAANC).
- LAANC USSs provide FAA-approved airspace authorizations and information about airspace restrictions to recreational flyers who wish to fly in controlled airspace.
- Approved service suppliers have created apps that can be downloaded via Apple or Google Play. Find links to the approved service suppliers here.
- B4UFLY provides information about airspace and does not offer airspace authorizations.
- Information about how to get started as a recreational flyer.