The Astronaut Scholarship Foundation was established in the 1980s by the surviving members of the Mercury 7 to reward the best and brightest university students pursuing degrees in STEM. Today, ASF provides more than fifty scholarships valued up to $15,000 to each selected Astronaut Scholar. Each Astronaut Scholar program also provides scholars with mentors, professional and personal development and networking with astronauts, C-suite level executives and industry leaders.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must be a Junior or Senior Status.
- Must be enrolled full-time undergraduate student.
- Must be majoring in a STEM degree.
- Have completed 2 years of full-time study at ERAU.
- Have intentions to pursue research or advance your field upon completion of their final degrees.
- Must be nominated by ERAU faculty member who knows the student well enough to identify a special drive or talent that foreshadows a creative career leading to the advancement of scientific knowledge and technology.
- Must be a STEM major going into junior or senior year.
- Must be a U.S. citizen (verified by birth certificate, US passport, or naturalization papers).
- Must have completed two years of full-time study at ERAU and demonstrated exemplary academic performance, as noted in transcripts (Note: Students may be nominated during their second year of full-time study, for a scholarship that will begin in the third year.).
- Should be a full-time student during both semesters of the ASF supported academic year to receive the full scholarship, which is up to $15,000.
- Must have conducted a considerable amount of work outside the classroom in their chosen field of study. This may include laboratory research, cooperative education, internships, relevant military experience, entrepreneurial endeavors, and/or documented independent work resulting in technical papers, patents, or similar work product.
Astronaut Scholarship materials are due in February.
If you have any questions about the program or need help with your nomination materials you can contact:
Director of the Office of Undergraduate Research
Director of the Undergraduate Research Institute