The overall goal of the Research and Innovation SIT is to be known internationally for groundbreaking aerospace/aviation research and innovation in select, signature areas, and for discovery-driven undergraduate programs. The plan focuses on four primary strategies to meet this goal:
- Signature Research Areas: Identify select, signature research themes where ERAU has a competitive global advantage. Incentivize research and collaboration in these areas and build the necessary infrastructure to compete for large-scale, funded research projects.
- Graduate Programs: Identify and support select, signature graduate programs and recruit a research-ready graduate student body.
- Undergraduate Discovery: Make ERAU a national model for integrating research as a critical element to enrich the undergraduate curriculum and spur innovation.
- Innovation: Accelerate innovation and strengthen industry partnerships.
In 2019, the University hired a Director of Prestigious Awards, Dr. Brittany Davis, who has since supported numerous students and faculty in the pursuit of awards and honors with dozens of honorees.
Natasha Ryan, a Tillman Scholar, Grant Johnson, a Goldwater Scholar, and Cameron Dyer, a Boren Scholar, are just a few of the many 2019-2020 award winners.
The Research and Innovation Team is proud of the many initiatives they have implemented, including:
- Launching a Presidential Fellowship program
- Enhancing undergraduate research and discovery opportunities
- Supporting faculty and student start-ups
- Expanding curricular and co. curricular research opportunities for all students
- Chair: Dr. Jeremy Ernst, Vice President for Research & Doctoral Programs
- Dr. Ahmed F. Abdelghany, Associate Dean for Research & Professor of Operations Management, Daytona Beach
- Dr. Sandra Boetcher, Research Fellow & Professor of Mechanical Engineering, Daytona Beach
- Dr. Anne Boettcher, Assistant Dean of Research, Prescott
- Dr. Anne Marie Casey, Hunt Library Director, Daytona Beach
- Daniel J. Diessner, Director for the Center for Aerospace Resilience
- Dr. Nanette Guzman, Director, Office of Sponsored Research Administration
- Dr. Troy Henderson, Associate Professor of Aerospace Engineering, Daytona Beach
- Dr. Barbara Holder, Associate Professor of School of Graduate Studies, Daytona Beach
- David Hopfe, Research Development Coordinator
- Dr. Tasos S. Lyrintzis, Chair & Distinguished Professor of Aerospace Engineering, Daytona Beach
- Dr. Stephanie A. Miller, Executive Director of Tech Transfer & Research Park Initiatives
- Dr. Stacey Mumbower, Assistant Professor, College of Business, Worldwide
- Dr. Terry Oswalt, Associate Dean for Research & Professor of Engineering Physics, Daytona Beach
- Dr. Jonathan B. Snively, Professor of Engineering Physics, Daytona Beach
- Dr. Janet Tinoco, Professor of Management and Marketing, Daytona Beach
- Chris Whippy, Chief Business Officer, Daytona Beach
- Dr. Scott Winter, Associate Dean for Research & Associate Professor of School of Graduate Studies, Daytona Beach
- Dr. Kenji Yoshigoe, Professor of Computer Science, Daytona Beach