The John Mica Engineering and Aerospace Innovation Complex
The Convergence Zone: Where Entrepreneurs & Opportunity Meet
The MicaPlex, the cornerstone building of the Research Park at Embry-Riddle in Daytona Beach, Florida presents a unique collaborative opportunity for business and the university community to develop, refine and bring new products and technological services to market.
Start-up companies have a tremendous advantage when there is a network of support to shepherd them through the stages of product/service development toward market readiness.
As an incubator space, the facilities and occupants of the MicaPlex will provide such a network which extends to the University, not only at the Daytona Beach Campus, but to resources on the Prescott, Arizona, campus and the extensive network that is the Worldwide Campus.
Test Flight Bootcamp
During this intensive, 5-session bootcamp, you will identify and start to deeply understand your customer(s), build confidence in your offering and the problem you are solving, and learn how to effectively communicate your value proposition. This bootcamp will be 100% virtual and sessions will be conducted on the Microsoft Teams platform.Learn More today!
Launch Your Venture
We’re looking for university student-led startups with revolutionary ideas that will change the future of the aviation, aerospace and engineering industries. Successful projects will feature scalable transformative technologies led by strong management teams capable of launching disruptive innovation.
Who Occupies the MicaPlex?
Technology-focused companies will benefit from the resources and facilities within the Embry-Riddle Research Park and the University.
Established companies provide services to startup Tenant Partners while benefiting from the resources of the Research Park and the University.
The Center for Entrepreneurship educates and connects entrepreneurs seeking to establish and grow high-value, high-growth companies.
University FacultyUniversity research is guided by faculty who possess the experience and intellectual acumen to provide subject matter expertise for technology-focused companies.
Undergraduate, Graduate, and Doctoral StudentsStudents at all degree levels and within all academic disciplines provide an educated and energetic labor force for research, development and production.
- Business Aviation Leader OneSky Flight to Expand Embry-Riddle Student Career Exposure through Innovation Center Growth
- Aveopt Inc. Joins Embry-Riddle’s Research Park, Launches New Concept to Get Rural Communities More Connected
- Embry-Riddle Business Competition Gives Student-Run Startups a Boost
- Embry-Riddle’s Research Park Adds Advanced Technology and Manufacturing Center
- L3Harris Technologies, Eagles Send 3D Printed Devices to the International Space Station
- Florida Cybersecurity Task Force Works to Improve Safety for All
- Students Collaborate on Inventions that Support Industry, Hands-On Learning
- VerdeGo Aero, Embry-Riddle Team Up to Mitigate Electric Aircraft Noise