The John Mica Engineering and Aerospace Innovation Complex
The Convergence Zone: Where Entrepreneurs & Opportunity Meet
The MicaPlex, the cornerstone building of the Research Park at Embry-Riddle in Daytona Beach, Florida presents a unique collaborative opportunity for business and the university community to develop, refine and bring new products and technological services to market.
Start-up companies have a tremendous advantage when there is a network of support to shepherd them through the stages of product/service development toward market readiness.
As an incubator space, the facilities and occupants of the MicaPlex will provide such a network which extends to the University, not only at the Daytona Beach Campus, but to resources on the Prescott, Arizona, campus and the extensive network that is the Worldwide Campus.
Launch Your Venture
We’re looking for university student-led startups with revolutionary ideas that will change the future of the aviation, aerospace and engineering industries. Successful projects will feature scalable transformative technologies led by strong management teams capable of launching disruptive innovation.
Who Occupies the MicaPlex?
Technology-focused companies will benefit from the resources and facilities within the Embry-Riddle Research Park and the University.
Our incubator companies are startup and early stage companies who are at the research and development-intensive phase of their growth.
University FacultyUniversity research is guided by faculty who possess the experience and intellectual acumen to provide subject matter expertise for technology-focused companies.
Established companies provide services to startup Tenant Partners while benefiting from the resources of the Research Park and the University. Associations with burgeoning companies provides mutual advantages for growth and profit.
The Center for Entrepreneurship educates and connects entrepreneurs seeking to establish and grow high-value, high-growth companies.
Undergraduate, Graduate, and Doctoral StudentsStudents at all degree levels and within all academic disciplines provide an educated and energetic labor force for research, development and production.
- Unison Industries Partners with Embry-Riddle to Launch New Professional Development Program
- Alumna Uses 3-D Printing to Help Guide, Control ‘Asteroid Jumping’ Spacecraft
- Research Park Partner Releases All-in-One Weather Station
- MicaPlex Company Techfit Digital Surgery Scores Big Points
- Florida’s Lieutenant Governor Visits Embry-Riddle as MicaPlex Tenant Sensatek Hits $3.5M Mark
- Graduate Student's Work Advances Space Communication Systems
- Future Electrical Engineer Takes Advantage of New MicaPlex Lab
- Embry-Riddle Plans Expansion of Its Research Park through Partnership with Space Square